Monday, 6 May 2013

Journalism Class is Going to be FUN!!


The first class of the new eJournalism course started at 1:00 PM today even though some sources had it as running from 2:00 to 5:00 PM. But I only missed the ramblings of MR. Blaikie and not too much of what DR. Gatin had to share with the students.

This daily posting of a blog entry will be interesting as I am not one to follow a regular routine from one day to the next. I will have to make a point of doing the entry as soon as I get home or many of my in-class inspirations will evaporate.

I am looking forward to learning how to grab important information from the internet an insert it into a web site, hopefully automatically. With the Green Party as a project to focus the course topics towards, this becomes a practical use of my time and not just a theoretical practise with no real world applications.

My fellow classmates are a diverse group with many interests from Disaster Management to International Students to Education Professionals. Although the twelve appeared to be a low number, it may prove to be ideal as we will have an opportunity to share our various disciplines and how eJournalism will be used in their field.

I now have to create a Skype and Twitter account. Luckily, I have a personal help desk to assist me as my brother works at ACC in their IT department. I have been interested in these gadgets but also had a fear of messing up with them. This course will push me out of my comfort zone and further into the twenty-first century.

1 comment: